British Empire Medal Ceremony
At a Ceremony held at Tatton Park, Knutsford on 24 April, accompanied by Revd Georgina Watmore, when the Lord-Lieutenant, David Briggs MBE KStJ, on behalf of HM The Queen, presented British Empire Medals (BEMs) to:
- Mrs Jacqueline Rhys Davies of Wybunbury
- Mr Edwin Ian Fowles of Bunbury
- Mrs Ann Margaret Mayer of Bollington
- Mr Alfred George Scorer of Ellesmere Port
- Mr Geoffrey Taylor of Chester
The British Empire Medal is a British medal awarded for meritorious civil or military service worthy of recognition by the Crown. The current honour was created in 1922 to replace the original medal, which had been established in 1917 as part of the Order of the British Empire.